By attending our supervised session you agree you are aware of and bound by the following terms:
1. Equipment: We will provide Boards, Leashes and Paddles as required. You may also bring your own kit, but this must be checked as suitable and serviceable by our instructor before the session.
2. Dress/Clothing: Please bring appropriately warm outdoor paddling clothing you are happy to get wet and a change of clothing for afterwards. Wetsuits are a good idea if you expect to fall in or plan to try some self rescues.
3. PFD / Buoyancy Aids: You will require Buoyancy Aids which are certified 50N minimum – we can provide these if you do not have your own.
4. Personal Kit: We advise bringing some water / snacks as SUP can be tiring! Dry bags to take small items of kit on the water with you can be provided, but please waterproof/double bag any items that must remain dry.
5. Facilities: There are council owned toilets on site in Batheaston Car Park, but we cannot guarantee these will be open. Dedicated changing facilities cannot necessarily be provided. Facilities may vary at other launch points.
6. Cancellation/Cessation: We will let you know as early as possible if the session needs to be delayed or cancelled for any reason, including weather or river conditions. If sessions are cancelled due to river/weather conditions or other unforeseen factors such as over crowding, we will do our best to re-arrange your session within a reasonable time period. We cannot refund payments for sessions curtailed by non-attendance not notified with 24hrs. We cannot refund in full or part any sessions which are cut short due to weather, injury or incident beyond our reasonable control.
7. Statement of Risk: RISK: Stand Up Paddleboarding is an activity carrying the risk of injury or drowning, we will take all reasonable measures to prevent accidents. First Aid cover is provided, but you should make us aware of any conditions, ailments, or injuries that may impede your paddling or cause you to experience any difficulty during your session. We accept no liability for accidents or session curtailment caused by undeclared conditions. We always prioritise customer safety. We will not accept liability for personal injury that happens as a result of participants not following instructions. We have Public Liability insurance provided by WSA (Water Skills Academy). You must inform us if you are unable to swim or have difficulty swimming less than 50 yards.
8. Attendees must be over 18 and legally self-responsible. Attendees Under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible legal guardian. U18s session will be conducted so that children can be seen and supervised at all times. If you require any self administered medication such as tablets or asthma inhalers, you must bring these with you and make the instructor aware of your likely need and where these can be found.
9. Photography / Videography Please note we may take photos or video during your session to both assist in training and also for the purposes of promoting Paddleboard Batheaston. These images may appear on our website and social media but will not be resold to other parties or used for any purpose outside of this. If you would prefer not to appear in these images or for them not to be used for these purposes, please inform your instructor before the session.